Saturday, June 20, 2009

Up, Up, and Away

Last night I went to see "Away We Go" with Chris (Sarah's brother), and some of his friends (co-workers?). Incidentally, yesterday the new iphone came out ("What's the difference?" I asked, trying not to sound too much like I thought the whole thing was ludicrous - which was the truth), and all these guys had their phones out comparing applications and ooh-ing and ahh-ing over the features. Truthfully, it was kind of cool. Somehow it can pinpoint your location on Googlemaps and I was most impressed by the compass application! Amazing!

The movie was a little disappointing, and I'm still thinking about it today. I had really been looking forward to it, but I walked out of the theater feeling a little nauseated. Realistic relationships in movies make me want to hurl. I'm not going to give anything away, but my biggest complaint was with Dave Eggers' screenplay. I don't know why I expected his screenplay to be any different than his narrative prose. It's so ME ME ME - this is how I feel / what is best for me (in the case of the movie, "us") / what can I do to make myself feel better? I felt semi-neurotic...like watching anything Larry David has a hand in. I was surprised how funny - hilarious - the movie was, though. And I think every girl in the theater was in head-over-heels in love with John Krasinski by the end.

1 comment:

  1. I found you!!

    So glad you're having a good time in seattle! Hope job stuff works out well for you :)

    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete