Sunday, June 28, 2009

Artopia and Georgetown

Yesterday I took a two-hour bus ride to Georgetown to experience the much-touted Artopia art and music festival. Not worth it; especially when I waited an hour for the bus coming back. They had power-tool derby races, some garage bands, and a couple booths selling things. The coolest thing there was ARTOPIA painted in blue letters on the ground. At first it looked like this:



But then the letters became uniform when you stood at a certain point:


Georgetown itself was interesting. Lots of crumbly brick factories and hairy hippies.










1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are up to random adventures! sometimes in life we decide something was not worth it but at least we went for it and tried! thanks for the note too; I was not as depressed as that post made it seem. but your response did make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete