Friday, August 26, 2011

A Good Way to Get Yourself De-Friended on Facebook

"You may think it is a conspiracy, possibly a coincidence, or maybe a little scary. I know the 'natural' disasters to be an outcry from a JUST God who is calling for attention from those who have TRIED to deny his exsistence."

Sorry, lady, as much fun as my sister and I have laughing about your constant status updates about couponing, I can't remove you from my Facebook friends fast enough after this little tidbit this morning. It's beyond offensive to the people who are actually being displaced by the hurricane.

Besides, if this was true, I would have been struck by lightning years ago.

3 comments:

  1. I believe in God and take my Christian faith seriously, but I can't get behind that person's kind of comment. The question of why a good God would allow bad things to happen has befuddled thinkers for centuries. I'm not theologian or philosopher, but I just don't think it can be as simple as God-is-punishing-all-the-bad-people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this girl would have enjoyed this story! http://atlasobscura.com/place/sunken-pirate-stronghold-at-port-royal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh. We know who's voting for Michelle Bachman this year. Btw, way more interesting to read UK articles on her, they are a lot more blunt on calling her an extremist.

    ReplyDelete