Sunday, December 6, 2009

This weekend has been good to me (besides the waking up in the afternoon, which infuriates me but I continue to do).

Yesterday I headed over to a book launch party for one of our cookbooks, Flying Apron's Gluten-Free & Vegan Baking Book. The Flying Apron Bakery is an adorable bakery in the Fremont neighborhood. Owner (and author) Jennifer Katzinger is one of the sweetest and most genuine people I've ever met. Here she is signing books.
I met Andrea there (she isn't supposed to eat gluten, loves the bakery, and bakes all the time, so I'd told her about the baking book when when we were living together last summer).

Next door, we discovered an amazing used bookshop, complete with a winding staircase underground and two shop cats.

Afterward, I bought some coffee and strolled along the Fremont bridge.


Looking West

And East, to the Aurora Bridge.

I also discovered an amazing (and relatively cheap) antique shop that's only open a few days a week. Unfortunately they were closing when I got there, but now I know where I can find old matchbooks/photos/greeting cards/teapots/Playboys/tea towels/vintage clothing/typewriter ribbon.

My treasure-hunting continued at Goodwill, where I got two vintage skirts, a book, and a polaroid camera for $11. Now, my love affair with Goodwill is a whole other entry that you will read about soon.

But first I have to go to my book club and somehow figure out how to turn off the heat in my apartment. Finally turning it on was a huge mistake because now it refuses to go away and I hate the thought of the energy being wasted when I'm not here. Plus, it's 40 degrees outside and I'm sweating. That's not right.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a fun and interesting day! Good luck with your heater, tho you may be glad for it soon; I heard snow may be on the way.

    ReplyDelete