Thursday, July 2, 2009

Woke up today feeling like I'd been dragged through a fence backward (is that the saying?). Congested, sore throat, eyes hurt, sneezing obsessively...mainly just feeling rubbish. I think I'm getting allergies for the first time in my life here.

I would have slept hours more, but had an informal interview at a Montessori preschool ten blocks away near Green Lake. It's really small; located in the owner's home, but sounds like so much fun. The owner, a hippie-ish woman in her early 30's, warmly invited me in and introduced me to her husband, another of the teachers - a girl in her 20's, and two of the fattest guinea pigs I've ever seen. They offered me a clay mug of peppermint tea, and as I picked a guinea pig hair out of mine, they told me about the position. It sounds fun, but doesn't start 'til September.

When I got home, I checked Craigslist and lo and behold there was an ad for a publicity assistant at a publishing company. I was so excited I applied right away, and ten minutes later got an e-mail saying they wanted to set up an interview. I wondered how she'd even had time to read my cover letter and scan my resume. So exciting. So that's next Wednesday. Whew. I feel extremely lucky, but wonder how it will all work out. Now I'm almost hoping I don't hear from that admin. job.

Heading down to the Seattle Center (the Experience Music Project museum) in a bit with Andrea to see a Jim Henson exhibit. It's free tonight. You know this makes me want to grab my ukulele and start singing "Why are there so many songs about rainbows?" in a Kermit the Frog voice. Instead I will leave you with some photos from yesterday's expedition downtown:
Yummy crumpets at Pike's Market. Mine's the Nutella one - of course.
Enjoying my sexy sexy crumpet whilst watching the strip club sign across the street flash "LUBES" and worse. Cool waterfall you can walk through! I got soaked. Luckily it was hot. Then some hooligans squirted us with a water gun while we were waiting for the bus.
I thought San Luis Obispo had the only bubble gum alley. I was wrong.

2 comments:

  1. ahhhhhhh! those two jobs sound perfect for you! I am so happy to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another bubblegum alley!? what is this!

    You look like you're having such a good time. I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete