Monday, July 6, 2009

Mannequins are Shoplifters, Frozen

Medium Large is written by the guy who writes Sally Forth, believe it or not (Francesco Marciuliano). It's often pretty sketchy, but I thought this one was hilarious. I was that "older brother" (sorry, Emily and Aubrey).

- If you sit in the bathtub long enough, you'll literally turn into a prune.
- Silverfish eat your bones.
- There's a skinny little man who lives in the light pole and changes the stoplights.
- Giant squids come up on the beach at night (I believed this to be true).

Do you remember the childhood world of fantasy and ritual? Kids suspend their disbelief because everything is foreign and wonder-ful. The world is composed of so many bizarre truths that anything seems possible.

2 comments:

  1. What about the other family that lives behind the closet wall? Too bad you never got to visit them.

    hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, that was YOUR made up story!

    ReplyDelete