Friday, March 25, 2011

Last March I started writing down all the books I read. A year later, with a few pages squeezed in here and there on noisy bus rides and late nights in bed, I've finished 32 books and read a total of about 8,000 pages (thanks, Goodreads statistics!).

Some of my favorites:

At Home: A Short History of Private Life, Bill Bryson
The Fossil Hunter: Dinosaurs, Evolution, and the Woman Whose Discoveries Changed the World, Shelley Emling
Housekeeping, Marilynne Robinson
Thunderstruck, Erik Larson
East of Eden, John Steinbeck

Speaking of favorites, today I just started The Gardner Heist for book club, and it is fast shaping up to be an amazing book. I've already learned (among many other things) that there is a painting that makes people vomit just by looking at it. I'm tempted to look it up online, but I hate throwing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment