Saturday, May 14, 2011

Six Good Eggs

I have half a dozen beautiful organic brown eggs in my refrigerator from Nettie, the Head of Pedagogy at the school where I've been working in the afternoons. I'm going to miss working there now that Sas has offered me a full-time job.

Nettie went home to feed her four "chicks" and came back with a split dozen eggs for me and our office manager. I can't say I've ever had an egg that didn't come from the grocery store (especially considering that I've only come to eat eggs about three years ago), so I'm interested to try a "homegrown" egg. Nettie said store-bought eggs taste fishy because the chickens are fed fish food, but hers only eat organic grain, grass, and worms. Fancy an omelette?

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy them! My family has been buying organic eggs from a nearby farm for several years. I think they do taste better, they're cheaper than buying organic eggs at the store, and I love supporting a local family business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't really notice a difference :/ But at least they're healthier and more reliable. Your egg farm sounds so cool; you guys are lucky! I think organic/farmer's market eggs are around twice as much as supermarket eggs here.

    ReplyDelete