Tuesday, January 26, 2010
The first thing I remember this morning was my phone chiming with a sound normally associated with Tinkerbell telling young readers when to turn the page. It is my text message tone with a text from my coworker wondering if I'm ok. In a panic, I look at the time. Almost 11am, meaning I slept FIVE extra hours. No point going in today. Frustrated with myself, I decide to take a run (me! I know). The day is beautiful, and after three weeks of rain, every face I pass on the street smiles at me. I run down familiar and unfamiliar streets, silently pouring out my heart at the houses I pass -- the quaint cotteges along with the faded shacks with 25 years of junk on the front porch and dead leaves patchworking the wet lawn. I love them all. I run down to the locks, and turn back to pick up a cup of coffee on my way home. I needed this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment